The Sky High Success of Southwest Airlines’ Employer Brand
What’s the secret sauce behind the enviable employer brand of Southwest Airlines? Find out in our latest piece with their People Director, Shari Conway.
A servant leader and HR professional in the airline industry for over 20 years, Shari’s job is focused on supporting the team members of Southwest.
Have a listen to the episode below, keep reading for a summary and be sure to subscribe to the Employer Branding Podcast.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- All about the corporate culture at Southwest, and what the three core aspects of that culture are.
- What talent challenges Southwest are faced with and why they are no different to the likes of Amazon.
- What Southwest’s employer brand strategy is and what the words Warrior Spirit, Servant’s Heart, and Fun-Loving Attitude have to do with it.
- Why Shari is proud of the work Southwest does with younger candidates.
- About the hard lessons Shari has had to learn from during her journey with Southwest.